1. Welcome to Ethel Emmons Website
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- License to Use the Website
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Notification
- Registration / Accounts
- Intellectual Property Rights Restrictions
- User Generated Material
- Mobile Service
- Privacy and Communications
- Modification or Suspension of the Website and Right to Terminate your use of the Website
- Linked Destinations and Advertising
- Notice and Procedure for Claims of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Medical, Nutrition & Fitness Information
- Indemnity and Release
- Limitations on Liability
- Law and Jurisdiction
- Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
5. License to Use the Website
6. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Notification
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, EE hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available and may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
7. Registration / Accounts
By providing TGD your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Website and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt-out or change your preferences on the personal settings page associated with your account. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
When you sign up for or use our products and services, you may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook account, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your full name and email). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its content, features and functionality, including, without limitation, information, software, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, data compilations and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are the exclusive property of EE, our licensors or other content suppliers, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, and may not be used or exploited in any way without our prior written consent.
Website Content is selected by our editors and is editorial content. We do not accept or take advertising, except where we specifically indicate as such. We do not accept payment from third parties for products or Content to appear on the Website. From time to time some of the Content may be sponsored or third-party content (“Sponsored Content”) and any such Sponsored Content will be clearly marked as such. When you subscribe to receive Content, you agree to receive Sponsored Content. If you would prefer not to receive such Sponsored Content you should unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or sending an email to email@example.com “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. If you unsubscribe you will not receive any Content, whether it is Sponsored Content or EE Content. To the extent that we post third party Content, it reflects the personal opinions and views of the third-party authors and does not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of EE and we accept no responsibility for any such third party opinions and views.
You may not under any circumstances:
- Copy or print any of the Content, whether licensed by us or otherwise, unless and to the extent it is for your own personal, non-commercial use and you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on any such Content;
- Reproduce, download, modify, translate, add to, distribute, transmit, publish, perform, display, disclose, archive, upload, broadcast or sell, sublicense, index or exploit any part of the Website or the content thereon in any medium, either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means, without our prior express written permission;
- Remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with or circumvent any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device or other content protection measures either directly or through other means;
- Mirror, frame, screen scrape or deep link to any aspect of the Website or access any Content through technology or means other than those provided or authorized by us;
- Access the Website via any automated system, including, without limitation, by “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., or take any action that imposes, or may impose (as determined in our sole discretion), an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Knowingly or recklessly upload invalid data or introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malware or software agents, whether harmful or not, to the Website, or tamper with, impair, damage, attack, exploit or penetrate the EE system or network, or otherwise attempt to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security of EE or any connected networks, or take any action to impact the proper operation of the Website and any person’s or entity’s use or enjoyment thereof;
- Bypass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to or use of the Website, including by hacking into secured or non-public areas of the Website, circumventing any geo-blocking mechanisms or otherwise;
- Use the Website to collect any personally identifiable information, including Account names and e-mail addresses, or use the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes, without our prior express written permission; or
- Attempt to reverse engineer any aspect of the Website or attempt to derive the source code (including the tools, methods, processes and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Website, create any derivative works or materials of any kind using the Content, whether or not you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge, or otherwise build a business utilizing any aspect of the Website.
10. User Generated Material
If and to the extent that we elect to accept user generated material, you may have the opportunity to publish, transmit, submit or otherwise post reviews, ratings, comments, feedback or other materials on the Website (“User Generated Material”) that may be accessible and viewable by the public.
User Generated Material must not:
- Contain any material which is false, defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, discriminatory, bigoted, hateful, violent, vulgar, profane, pornographic or otherwise offensive, inappropriate, damaging, unlawful, disruptive or harmful;
- Violate our or any other person’s legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy), contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or otherwise promote, advocate or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act;
- Create or threaten harm to any person or loss or damage to any property;
- Include other peoples’ personal information, such as another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, contract or other intellectual property or other proprietary rights of EE or any other person;
- Seek to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, including TGD;
- Seek to collect other users’ e-mail addresses and/or their usernames or passwords for their Accounts or other services by electronic or other means for any purpose, including to send unsolicited e-mail or other electronic communications;
- Seek to transmit chain letters, bulk or junk e-mail, whether automated or not, or interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on EE or the networks or services connected to the Website or install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code on our computers or equipment or the computers or equipment of third parties; or
- Involve commercial activities such as contests, sweepstakes and/or other sales promotions, barter, advertising or offers of sale or purchase of goods and services; or
- Be otherwise objectionable or non-family friendly as determined by EE at its sole discretion.
We do not claim ownership to User Generated Material. However, by posting User Generated Material, you irrevocably grant us and our assigns, agents and licensees and other users a worldwide, non¬exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to: (i) use, reproduce, transmit, modify, index, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display and otherwise exploit such content throughout the world in any media, whether now known or hereafter invented, including for any and all purposes, including commercial or marketing purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity, and (ii) to use your name, persona or likeness alone or in connection with such uses, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User Generated Material and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User Generated Material for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, manufacturing, and marketing products and/or services. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User Generated Material, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section. You agree to pay all royalties, fees and other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of the User Generated Material that you post on the Website.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or to take any action regarding disputes between you and any other user and shall have no liability for your interactions or any disputes with other users or for any user’s action or inaction. You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Website and your interactions with other users.
If and to the extent that we elect to accept User Generated Material, please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and that you give to other users. You are discouraged from publicly posting your full name, telephone number, street address, e-mail address or other information that identifies you or allows strangers to find you or to steal your identity. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Website, and to the extent that the law permits, you release us from any claims or liability related to any User Generated Material posted on the Website and from any claims related to the conduct of any other users.
11. Mobile Service
The following applies to users of our app (the “App”). The use of the App requires use of a mobile device and wireless mobile data service, which must be obtained from your wireless carrier, and may require Internet access, which must be obtained from your service provider; you are responsible for obtaining and paying for such additional services and obtaining a suitable device, including without limitation all usage charges related thereto. You may be required to send and receive, at your cost, electronic communications related to the App, including without limitation, administrative messages, service announcements, diagnostic data reports, and App updates, from TGD, your mobile carrier or third-party service providers. If you do not have an unlimited wireless mobile data plan, you may incur additional charges from your wireless service provider in connection with your use of the App. You are solely responsible for obtaining any additional subscription or connectivity services or equipment necessary to access the App, including but not limited to payment of all third-party fees associated therewith, including fees for information sent to or through the App.
We do not warrant that the App will be compatible with your network provider or device. You acknowledge and agree that we may release updates to the App and that you may be required to install any such update in order for the App to continue functioning properly. You may not export any of our mobile applications except in compliance with all applicable laws.
The following applies if you obtain the App through the iTunes App Store: You acknowledge and agree that these Terms are solely between you and EE, not Apple, and that Apple has no responsibility for the App or the contents thereof. Your use of the App must comply with the iTunes App Store Terms or other terms applicable to the use of the App. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will be responsible for any refund of the purchase price for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App and any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the App to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by these Terms and any law applicable to EE as a provider of the App. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or by any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including but not limited to, (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
All such claims are governed solely by these Terms and any law applicable to EE as the provider of the App. You acknowledge that in the event of a claim that the App and your possession and use thereof infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights, EE, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms. You and Goop acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms as the same relate to your license of the App and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as the same relate to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Do not steal music.
Android™, GooglePlay™ and PlayStore™ are all trademarks of Google.
12 Privacy and Communications
CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
You consent to receive communications from us, whether required by law or otherwise, either by e-mail if you have provided us with your e-mail address, or by notice posted on the Website as determined by us in our sole discretion. You agree that any requirement that a notice, disclosure, agreement or other communication be sent to you by us in writing is satisfied by such electronic communication. We are not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to communications we send to an e-mail address that you provide to us.
MOBILE MESSAGING TERMS
When you provide us with your mobile telephone number, you agree that EE may send you text messages (including SMS and MMS) to that mobile telephone number. EE may send you up to five text messages per month. When you first provide your mobile telephone number to us, you will receive a confirmation text message and you may need to reply as instructed to complete registration. EE will never charge you for the test messages you receive, however you may see message and data rate charges from your mobile provider, though, so be sure to check your plan. You are responsible for the payment to your mobile provider of any message, data and other charges related to text messages, including for confirmation texts you receive and your responses thereto.
You may opt-out of receiving any future text messages from EE at any time by either replying to a text message with the keyword “STOP” or texting the keyword “STOP” to shortcode EE. If you opt¬out you agree to receive a final text message confirming your opt-out. When you opt-out of text messaging, you will no longer receive any texts messages unless you re-subscribe. In addition, for assistance, you may reply to any text message with the keyword “Help” or at any time send a text message with the keyword HELP to shortcode EE. Texts may be sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive mobile messages is not required as a condition to using the Website or to purchase any goods or services on the Website.
You agree to notify us of any changes to your mobile telephone number by clicking the “Manage Preference” link at the bottom of any Subscription or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Update Mobile Number” in the subject line. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain mobile features and certain mobile features may be incompatible with your carrier or mobile device. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
13. Modification or Suspension of the Website and Right to Terminate Your Use of the Website
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time and from time to time, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, including by adding or eliminating certain features or discontinuing the Website entirely. Any description of features on the Website shall not be considered to be a representation by TGD that such features will always be included on the Website. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of the Website, including for Registered Users. We also reserve the right to terminate or suspend your Account or restrict your use of or access to the Website, without notice or liability, for any reason or no reason at our sole discretion. Accordingly, for any reason, and without notice, all or any part of the Website may become unavailable to you at any time and for any period.
If we suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website or terminate your Account, we are not responsible for providing you with any information or content. We may also delete your other preferences and interests to the extent stored within or in connection with your Account. You have no recourse with regard to any information that we delete regardless of any value you may ascribe to such information. We expressly disclaim any value you may attribute to any of your information stored on our servers.
14. Linked Destinations and Advertising
We do not endorse, and EE expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for, Linked Sites, including with respect to the content, products and services provided by the Linked Sites. Any interactions you have with Linked Sites are between you and the Linked Sites and you agree that EE is not liable for any damage or loss you may suffer as a result of any interactions with any such Linked Sites or any claims that you may have against any such Linked Sites.
15. Notice and Procedure for Claims of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
All contents of the Website including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces, or code are: Copyright 2021 by TGD. All rights reserved.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks and are proprietary to EE, or other respective owners that have granted EE license to use such marks.
If you believe that any content appearing on the Website, including content created and/or displayed by TGD or other material provided through a link, infringes your copyright, you should notify us in accordance with the procedure set forth below. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE.
A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be e-mailed to our copyright agent at email@example.com with “DMCA Takedown Request” in the subject line.
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website that is reasonably sufficient to enable us to identify and locate the material;
- how we can contact you, such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or by law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right in the material.
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying TGD and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with the TGD’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
You understand that products offered by EE may contain materials that could be dangerous if handled improperly, and you acknowledge that EE is not liable for any personal injury or property damage arising from any misuse of any products offered through the Website. You further acknowledge that products may not be suitable for use by children, and you expressly assume sole liability for providing any individual under the age of 18 with access to any products. You hereby agree not use products for any illegal purpose and you assume all liability for any action you take for any action that is contrary to any law, rule, or regulation of any territory.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the Website receive the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1020 N Street, #501, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at 1-916-445-1254
17. Warranty Disclaimer
The information, software, products and services included in or available through the Website are continually upgraded and updated. While TGD will use commercially reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of any information it places on the Website, TGD does not warrant or represent that such information, products and/or services are reliable, accurate, complete, uninterrupted, error free, secure or free of defects, viruses or bugs. ACCORDINGLY, THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TGD AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS SERVICES OR RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY PURPOSE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY, AND ALL WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. IN STATES AND JURISDICTIONS IN WHICH THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY IS PROHIBITED, SUCH EXCLUSIONS SHALL ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED.
EE DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE AND EE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY LINKED SITE. ANY SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO CLICK ON ANY SUCH LINKS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU, NOT EE, ARE DISPLAYING ITS CONTENTS AND YOU ACCESS SUCH LINKED SITES AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY ANY SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance on the information and other materials included on the Website shall be at your sole risk and responsibility. EE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the Website and to make changes to the services, materials, products, programs and features included therein at any time with or without notice.
18. Medical, Nutrition and Fitness Information
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL MEDICAL, NUTRITION AND FITNESS INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL TEXT, PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES, ILLUSTRATIONS, GRAPHICS, AUDIO, VIDEO AND AUDIO-VIDEO CLIPS, AND OTHER MATERIALS, WHETHER PROVIDED BY EE OR BY OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES, IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF (i) THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, (ii) A VISIT, CALL OR CONSULTATION WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, OR (iii) INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR IN ANY PRODUCT PACKAGING OR LABEL. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE HEALTH-RELATED QUESTIONS BEFORE USING ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS OR RELYING ON ANY INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON THE WEBSITE. INFORMATION AND STATEMENTS REGARDING DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH-RELATED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OR SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. SHOULD YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF ANY CONTENT PRESENTED ON OR VIA THE WEBSITE AND YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH OR VIA THE WEBSITE FOR DIAGNOSING OR TREATING A HEALTH PROBLEM. THE TRANSMISSION AND RECEIPT OF ANY CONTENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OR COMMUNICATION VIA THE INTERNET, E-MAIL OR OTHER MEANS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT, THERAPIST-PATIENT OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND EE, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
THE WEBSITE MAY PERIODICALLY PROVIDE INFORMATION CONCERNING FITNESS AND ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUCH ACTIVITIES CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES, EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY OUR ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OR BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. TGD STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY NEW FITNESS PROGRAM OR ENGAGING IN ANY NEW ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES.
19. Indemnity and Release
California Residents: you expressly waive CA Civil Code §1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
20. Limitations on Liability
THE PROVIDERS WHOSE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF TGD. TGD IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH PROVIDERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER DAMAGE OR EXPENSES RESULTING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM SUCH PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL TGD AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, YOUR DATA OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT AT ALL TIMES TO DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION THAT WE DEEM NECESSARY TO COMPLY WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE, REGULATION, LEGAL PROCESS OR GOVERNMENTAL REQUEST. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS TGD AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION RELATING TO YOUR ACCOUNT OR TAKEN AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH DISCLOSURE. TGD MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE WEBSITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE AT LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE FROM TERRITORIES WHERE SUCH SERVICES ARE ILLEGAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE FROM A LOCATION OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LOCAL AND OTHER APPLICABLE LAWS.
21. Law and Jurisdiction
22. Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Arbitration Request” in the subject line.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rulesluding the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse those fees for claims totalling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, we will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
23. Waiver and Severability
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.
26. Entire Agreement